Tuesday, September 14, 2010

random kid-isms

Kai and I were snuggling in bed for nap time and he was looking lovingly into my eyes and said, "Mama, do you know what color your eyes are?" I was pretty sure I knew, but told him he could tell me. He said, "They are brown, black, red and white. Why are there red things in your eyes?" How come those wonderful snuggly sweet moments only last for about 5 seconds once the kids learn to talk? Feeling old and even more tired I told him they were bloodshot and how about we close our eyes and go to sleep already!

*********
We've been working with Zeze on saying 'please' when he demands, I mean asks, for things. He'll often ask for something and when we don't respond he'll repeat it and then add a 'please' to the end. We are constantly reminding him that he needs to say 'please' the first time he asks for something. My literal little boy now says things like, "Can I watch Diego, please the first time?" or "I want some juice, please the first time." Think about how you would explain this to him. I've tried many different ways without success. So it remains, "please the first time." even if he doesn't remember to say it until the 2nd or third time. :)

1 comment:

ShirleyNewLife said...

So cute..... and funny.
Your kid-isms made me laugh. I hope they make you laugh, too.