Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Lesson in Blood Sugar Levels

I'll set the stage for you: Two preschoolers trying to play trains together before dinner (i.e. low blood sugar). This is what happens.
*Names have been changed to protect identities. (Ha ha ha) :)

Jisaac*: (Unintelligible screaming and crying while jumping up and down and flailing arms).
Kalakai: (Holding all the trains in his arms he runs away) "NO NO NO, MINE!"

Same situation with the trains AFTER dinner (i.e., restored blood sugar).

Jisaac: "Kalakai, can I have a train please?"
Kalakai: "Yes!" (hands over the best train with a smile)
Jisaac: "Thank you!"
Kalakai: "You're welcome!"

This actually happened! :) :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

that is funny. i can totally picture this...

Unknown said...

I've been laughing all morning - about Jisaac and Kalikai. You're a great writer. Save all these blog entries for your kids....

Hmmm... So that means when kids (and adults) are crabby then give them food - or a cookie?

Heather Vitella said...

Debby,

I agree that it was best to hide the identities. Don't you think we should come forward though? Your fake names made everyone think this post was about Isaac and Kai. Come on people, the names were changed!

This was actually Debby and I (Heather) fighting over the trains.

I mean come on, they are Thomas trains.

Debby said...

I'm actually picturing that, Heather, and I'm laughing really hard! Good one! :)