Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Morning Blues

Kai asked me this morning what day it was. I told him it was Monday and he got to go to school today (trying to muster as much early morning enthusiasm as I could). Side note: Kai goes to ESY (extended school year) so he can continue to get services through the summer. He says to me, "It's Monday again?! Why is it Monday again and again and again?!! All day long it's Monday?" So I guess the Monday morning blues start at 4 years old! :)

Oh, he also said the other day, "After this week am I all done with school forever?" Oh man, I didn't have the heart to tell him that he'd be in school for 14 more years to just finish high school (he's already had 1.5 years of preschool and still has one more before kindergarten), 18 more for undergrad and 22 more years if he wants to be a baby doctor (this is what he says he wants to be). You can tell I have major school aversion! :) Maybe it's due to my 22 years of sitting in the classroom (that makes me feel ill just thinking of it!!). However, my husband LOVES to learn and told Kai with genuine excitement, "You GET to go to school for a long time and learn wonderful things!!" I'm glad I'm married to him! He balances me out and hopefully my kids will love to learn like he does!

No comments: